Monday, May 10, 2010

We are alive!!

Oh my goodness its been so long! I have so much catching up to do... or not. Maybe I will just keep updated from here on out. :) Well we made it to Virginia!! We are safe and all settled into our little apartment. Its so green and gorgeous and we are only 15 minutes from Washington DC. Austin got right back into the swing of selling and its going to be a GREAT summer! We are really excited for another summer of adventures to add to our books. We went and did some exploring in DC yesterday and cant wait to see all of it. Last week I took Dax to the Zoo with some other moms and there kiddos. It was a lot of fun and the best part is its FREE! That's one thing I am more then happy about, pretty much everything to tour in this great Nations Capitol is Free! Doesn't get better then that!


Dax didn't quite know what to think of GIANT Lincoln. He was pretty fascinated



This little squirrel came right up to us and wanted some food! So we shared our trail mix and it would eat right out of the kids hands! I think this was their favorite part.


The National Zoo




Aunt Cassie showing Dax and Hadlee the elephants



7 comments:

Michele said...

I am glad you guys are enjoying your time there. It sounds like a great place to visit! I am bummed we can't head out there for girlie week. It would have been so cool. Oh well- you will just have to post lots of pics so I can live through you:)

ConnieB said...

Gosh I'm so excited for you! Not to mention, JEALOUS! You are right close to where my parents live- they are in Arlington, VA.
I could tell ya some great places to go see- I did live there for 3 years! I know of the BEST park that Dax would LOVE.

The Clarks said...

Yay you finally posted! Sounds like you guys are already having such a blast! You look so beautiful! You'll have lots to post about so no more of this waiting like 2 months to blog!

Leesa said...

im so happy for an update. i was about to call and make sure you were ok!
i hope you guys have a great summer! i cant wait for more updates!
you are BEAUTIFUL!!
loves!!

The Herberts said...

Oh I'm so excited for you!!! I totally wish we were there 110% hanging out with you guys and seeing the sights!!!! I'm so bummed it didn't work out for us this summer, but I am so happy for you!!! Keep the updates coming! Just know that I am there in spirit vacationing with you! ha ha Have a great summer!

Brooke said...

I am so happy to finally see you back to blogging. I am dying to go there and visit you guys. I hope it all works out. It looks like so much fun. I loved catching up with you today. I am so happy that you are happy there. Have fun touring. Give Dax a hug for me! (Sorry Austin, no hugs from me.)

J and L Palmer said...

ok i want to cry looking at your blog. i can't wait to be out there. i miss john so much. looks like you guys are having fun tho!