Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Today at the Clarks..

So today started out like any other day... I woke up to my darling little stud pounding away on my face and poking at my eyes to wake me up to play with him. After I pulled myself from sleep I got up to play but I proceeded to the floor to change the horrible stench coming from his diaper. I changed him then lifted him up onto the bed to play with dad, when I felt something in my neck pop! I stood up and screamed out with pain. I had horrible horrible neck cramps! Austin asked if I was ok and all I could say is, WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME TODAY!? So Austin and I had some good laughs because every time I would turn my neck I would holler out then Austin took off and headed to school and Daxey and me continued on with our day... when it all got WORSE! My neck tensed up so bad every time I would move it put me in tears and I couldn't even think of picking Dax up( who was screaming on the floor to be picked up). So when I called my sweet husband what he heard on the other line was his wife crying in pain and his son crying because his mom was crying and wouldn't pick him up. What a mess. So like an amazing husband he is he rushed home to save his paralyzed wifey. I couldn't even brush my hair when he hauled me off to mesa to the Chiropractor. Turns out that my pelvis was out, hips, elbows, wrist, oh and not to mention my two vertebraes were out in my neck!!! Let me tell you, I think it was worse than contractions during labor and worse than my pains after my back surgery! What was all this from you ask? oh well lets rewind a little bit to last week when I was walking down my stairs (like I do 20-30 times a day) when I just missed a step and fell and it whipped me back but I caught myself before I hurled down the stairs. I got up and surprised myself I wasn't hurt. Little did I know a week later it would be set off by the simple movement of lifting my fat son onto the bed! He told me whip lash can have a delayed reaction and it was just that little strain to set it all off. So the doc put me all back into place and told me to ice my neck every hour because it will be swollen for a few days from tensing up so bad. So to make me happy by sweet hubby took me to Costa Vida and then home before returning back to school. So... I know what you are thinking what did poor Dax do all day while his poor gimp mom laid on the couch icing her stupid neck? Well let me tell you... don't fill bad for him, he just helped himself around the house and did a whole bunch of naughty things! Dumped out the movie drawer, tried every angle to stick his finger into the electrical socket, emptied my kitchen cabinet, unraveled a role of toilet paper, emptied the toy box and several more.... here is just a few pics I snapped.What a day. Well I guess now that he can crawl... HERE COMES THE NAUGHTY TIMES!!!


Oh and don't feel bad for me, tonight to reward me for my horrific day I made myself a gigantic chocolate cookie and ice cream! Nothing makes me happier than crap! :)





6 comments:

Meg said...

YOU DESERVE IT!! I am going through the same with my little guy. I found that cabinet locks work pretty well.good luck and enjoy the cookie and ice cream.

Devin & Ruthann said...

Oh when I first read that other comment I thought she meant you deserve the neck pain! "Rude," I thought, but then I realized she meant the cookie and ice cream! Haha!

Anyway, I'm glad you're all right. It sounds like it was horrible! Dax is so cute being all mischievous and fulling enjoying his freedom with a injured mommy!

Brooke said...

I told you that you had better call me if you need something. I still can't believe that you didn't call me yesterday. You are in trouble!! I hope you are feeling better today. I love the pictures!!

Michele said...

Ouch! That had to kill. I hope you are doing better now. You have to laugh at Dax. At least he could entertain himself for a while:) By the way, I love Cost Vida! It is my FAV.

The Clarks said...

So...your background looks so cute! Isnt that blog amazing. I seriously want to change my background everyday. And I'm glad you are feeling a little better! Ps I hope you checked out that new "temecula skirt" of minnies. so cute!

J and L Palmer said...

ok love your background too! i just stole one from that site.. so cute