Sunday, November 21, 2010

Family Camping Trip

This weekend me and my boys loaded up and went camping at Bear Canyon Lake up on the rim. It was so beautiful and cold! I know this is kind of lame but I got really emotional when we were leaving.. this is probably the last trip we will take as just a little family of 3! Not that I am not SOOO excited for this little princess but its never going to be just me and the boys again. So we enjoyed every second of it! We rode the quad, found and cut our own firewood, cooked tinfoil dinners, roasted smores, sat around the fire and talked, slept in the back of the truck under the stars and fished! We had lots of fun






I love my boys!

8 comments:

Whitney said...

How fun!! Ive been dieing to go camping lately but Im not so sure I can rough it in the cold!!

Michele said...

You are a trooper going camping 3 weeks before you are due! I did that with Bry- I wouldn't recommend it:) I am glad you had fun and made one last special memory until your family grows!

The Clarks said...

Looks like so much fun! Wish we could have come :(

ashley and wes said...

Ashtyn,

Just wanted to let you know, the reason your camping trip was such a success is because I dedicate my scouting years to training Austin in the ways of the eagle. You see, from an early age, I could tell Austin was going to struggle as he was forced, under the reign of our Scout Master, to adapt to completely unfamiliar surroundings. Having grown up in such a scouting conducive atmosphere myself, I was more than happy to take Austin under my wing and let him suckle from my scouting teat. Thanks to my extensive outdoor training provided by my father, a regular "Bear Grills" of the scouting world, I am confident Austin will face any camping challenge with all the necessary training and ability required of an expert; he was my greatest pupil. I will be expecting a thank you note in the mail.

With Love,
Soaring Eagle (My Indian Name)
Wes

Hilarie said...

Looks like lots of fun. And you went real camping, thats the best. Glad you guys are doing good.

J and L Palmer said...

so fun! i got emotional with things too before number 2 came! it's sad thinking your little baby is now a big brother! but you will love your little girl so much! and you'll experience so many more special moments with your two little ones!

Brooke said...

That looks so beautiful. What a great family. You look like you had so much fun. Oh, and whoever Wes is, he is hilarious. Good thing Austin took him under his wing. Who knows if you would have made it home alive :)

Brooke said...

Oh, I mean good thing Wes took Austin under his wing...