Saturday, June 27, 2009

My Saturday thoughts!

I paid 11.50 for a movie last night (ridiculous California prices) but every penny was worth it! Bree and I tucked our husbands into bed last night then went and saw the late night showing of My Sisters Keeper. It was so good, don't get me wrong we bawled through the whole entire movie (Bree trying to choke down sobs to remain quiet) but so good! I read the book then made Bree read it and we both loved it. Cancer is such an UGLY thing. I have lost a few people close to me to the horrible thing and its terrible! I know I don't understand the reasons why but I am glad I don't have to. This movie really made me think how grateful I am for the plan of salvation and that I was sealed to my family for eternity. What happens here on earth is just our trial period,to be tested, and some people have to endure way harder ones then others but its just a small price, a tiny grain of sand on an endless beach of how great Eternity will be like after this earth. We are so lucky to know what happens after we leave this place. I know I want all the time I can here on this earth, I love my chocolate and slurpees and golden spoon (don't know if those are available to us up there) But I know when the time comes that I have to go or I have to see any of my loved ones go, its ok. Its all in the plan, and we will be together again. If your not lucky enough to have this in your life already, let me know. Ill get you in touch with a great set of men that can sit down with you and tell you all about this great plan and how you too can have this great gift.
SO if you girls haven't seen this movie already, get a box of tissues a great girlfriend and go see it! Its good! Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!!

4 comments:

T+C=N said...

I can just picture you two cute girls bawling in the theatre! Haha.. I too am SO glad I have the gospel in my life! I cant wait to see the movie :)

The Clarks said...

I woke up with way swollen eyes. So hideous! I can't wait to watch that movie again in the comfort of my own home so I can sob out loud! We really are so lucky to be with our families forever. What a relief it is to know we don't have to face death with any uncertainties.

Emily said...

The movie theater by the guys apartment?? ya i spent like 1000 dollars on movies there last summer!! so expensive. Me and Jen want to go see the movie now!!

Brooke said...

Ok, now you have seen two movies that I am dying to see. I need to get to them soon. I am so that that was a good movie. I know I will cry too. I love your post. YOu are such a good little missionary. P.S. I love your comment on my blog. I wish I could get it by 4, 5, and 6, but it is not looking good at this point. Oh well.