Friday, July 3, 2009

Ok I have been Awarded...


My darling sister in-law Bree tagged me for this award so I am going to give you a little more of a sneaky peek into my life... 7 things you may or may not know about me!! Here we go...


1. I used to show horses growing up. Yes.. boots, cowboy hat, chaps, wranglers the REAL deal! I did the AQHA horse shows along with 4H. I was a freaking COWGIRL BABY!! My favorite horse was just by great coincidence named Delight!! (Little did I know I was riding my future mother in-laws name) I love you Momma-D... BOTH OF YOU.


2. I have an extended butt crack thanks to a back surgery done my senior year of high school! I have a pretty good 5 inch scar up my back. I have a hereditary condition that runs in my family of bad backs. I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease when I was 10. It is where my bones in my back grew to quickly, so my discs are not how they are supposed to be. I played softball and was very active and by my senior year the pain was just to bad and I was sick of being drugged all the time so they went ahead and did a fusion of my 2 discs. I was the youngest patient they had ever done one on. So instead of enjoying my senior year I had a walker, yes like the one your grandma has. And my mom stuck a roll of toilet paper in the front so when I went to the bathroom I didn't have to turn around to get my toilet paper! Yes Awesome!!


3. One of my biggest flaws or biggest attributes depending on how you take it is that I am a very honest person, very open and I tell you how it is. I am not very good at sugar coating things and I will tell you whats on my mind. I am very opinionated and always think I am right (that is defiantly my flaw and I am working on it, just ask my hubby :) I am the friend who will tell you if you look fat or if you hurt my feelings, or if your doing something stupid. I come off strong sometimes and if I have ever rubbed you the wrong way I am very sorry, not my intentions, I would just rather be real than ever be able to be accused of being fake.


4. My biggest Pet-Peeve is when someone tells you they are going to do something... then don't! I would rather you just not tell me then you tell me and not do it.


5. Austin and I met on a blind date.. (thanks Trent and Char) on December 1st, a year to the day Austin came home from his mission. That night we did a double date, stayed home and we cooked the boys dinner, did Christmas lights at the Zoo, then stayed up ALL night talking. I called my best friend Jenn the next day (of course to give her the complete low down and every detail of my date) and I told her that this amazing guy Austin was going to be able to tell everyone that he met his wife exactly 1 year after he got home from his mission!! :)


6. I love my TREATS!! I love my chocolate and cookies and brownies. I have the worst habit that after every meal I have to eat something sweet, even if it is a little chocolate chip... bad bad habit! It is finally catching up with me, thanks to my Daxten who I gained like 60 pounds with! (a brownie and Slurpee every day, along with everything chocolate in reach the last 3 months of being pregnant will do that to you) now I am working my butt off working out to eat what I want, and that's ok! No matter what.. I will never stop eating my treats!


7. Ok what I am about to tell you stays within the walls of blog world! I had 2 best friends named Dianne and Linda.. to others they were invisible!! Yes I had imaginary friends. They went everywhere with us. I called my mom to ask her about them while I was typing this and she got frustrated just telling me about all she did for them.. open car doors, waited for them in the grocery store, buckled there seat belts and even had to ask them if it was ok for what we did that day. Then one day at the age of 5 I informed her that they died, traumatically fell down the stairs and that was the last day we spoke of Dianne and Linda. My shrink tells me I was a lonely child.....


I am passing this award/tag along to
1. Jenn
2. Char
3. Leesa
4. Ruthann
5. Brooke
6. Joy
7. Denyse

And do it.. its fun to talk about yourself! :)

5 comments:

Denyse said...

Im so sorry to hear about Dianne & Linda, tragic! Ha ha, I'm sorry, I'm still laughing about that, so glad you shared that one :) By the way,how's Eve doing...does she have a blog??

Michele said...

Oh I totally rememer your imaginary friends! That is so funny. You poor, lonely child- whatever:)

The Bottjer Family said...

Hilarious! I love reading your post.... you are a very animated writer. I'm not sure if my response will be near that good! =)

Brooke said...

You could pretty much copy #3 and #4 into mine because I am exactly the same. Maybe that is why we get along so well. I am really going to have to think about this one. I wish I could have met your imaginary friends. I am sure they were great girls. May they rest in peace.

Devin & Ruthann said...

Hahahaha...you are so funny! I love that you had a walker your senior year! 7 things about me? I'll try to think of some good ones...