Thursday, October 29, 2009

Another year for the books...

Yesterday was Austin's Birthday! He turned 25 and I think he had a pretty dang good day!

It started off by a flight lesson. He wants to get his pilot license in the near future so I wet his appetite even more and I got him an introductory flight lesson! He flew a little 4 seater plane, pretty dang cool! They let me tag along and sit in the back. I was a little nervous.. but it was so much fun to watch him. They let him pretty much do it all(with instruction from his flight instructer of course) but the take off, land, the whole thing. It was awesome!

Another major highlight was his new 45 Caliber gun I got him. He LOVES it, to say the least. He took it everywhere with us yesterday and it slept by our bed last night.
And of course we had a little bit of this ( I got the recipe from Picky-Palate AMAZING)

And opened more of these

We also went to lunch and went to his little brothers championship football game... and froze! We were going to go to the State fair but our bodies were so frozen from the game we settled on grabbing some soup going home and watching some tv.(Our thin Arizona blood couldn't handle yesterday!) It was a great Day! We love you Austin, you are the greatest!!
Thanks Brooke for watching Daxey all day for us!



Also...
Dax is a Big Boy Now
On Tuesday we went and got Dax's much long overdue first haircut! He looks like a little man now! He was so good. Just sat and chilled with his sucker while she cut away.. It turned out pretty dang cute.He looks just like Dad now.



New Hair

(Excuse the food and tongue hanging out of the mouth)


6 comments:

Michele said...

How cute is Dax's new little hair cut! Sounds like Austin had a great day. Sorry we had the day wrong. At least it was a day early instead of a day late:)

******** said...

austin don't shoot off the gun that really matters.
logan

The Clarks said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun day! I love dax's hair!

Denyse said...

What a good wife to get the hubs a gun...Ryan would love me forever if i got him one (ok he better love me forever no matter what)...Looks like a good one, and also good birth control :) (Sorry I had to...the pic is too funny!)

ashley and wes said...

Happy Birthday Austin!! Ash, you did a great job for his big day!
Dax's hair is so AWESOME!

PS. may i please have a slice of that cake??MMMmmmm :)

Brooke said...

You really were so good to Austin!! I am sure he LOVED everything. (That gun picture really is so funny!!) We had so much fun with Dax, as usual. I can't get over how cute he is with his new haircut!!