Friday, March 27, 2009

Austin and I went on a trip alone to Cancun. I left my baby for 6 days! (I know I might think I was a bad mom too.) I cried my whole first night away. Ok crying doesn't cut it, full on blown break down!!(sobbing)Poor Austin. It was VERY hard. But it was so much fun to have uninterrupted time with my hubby! No phone, no work, no school, no crying baby, no family just us! I think its so important to take time away to reconnect with your spouse. And since I am not going to see my hubby pretty much ALL summer we decided to take our little splurge vacation before this summer and enjoy just us. Here are some pics...

Do you think he looks relaxed?

We stayed at an all-inclusive resort (which we have found out is the only way to do it anymore) so we drank pina colada's all week like they were water! SO GOOD. This is Austins last one before we went to the airport. Sad day for him

We did the greatest excursion ever on our last day. And if anyone ever goes to Cancun you have to do this!! 1st you do 12 zip lines through the jungle which was SO FUN and SCARY all at the same time. It only took me 2 times of flying backwards and knocking over the worker on the platform for me to get the hang of it!


After Ziplining we mountain biked into this place......


It was this sink hole that was just breathtaking! I felt like I was in a movie! That's Austin showing you how to zip line in style into the water :) It was a great time!





2 comments:

Michele said...

What a fun trip! We missed you at girlie week. I know that would have been so much though. We zip lined in Mexico, it is one of the coolest things I have ever done. I am glad you got to do it too:)

ashley and wes said...

Ashtyn, I just thought you should know and this sounds weird but I have seen that picture of Austin sleeping in my mind on every camp out since I was 11. More tricks have been played on Austin during this moment that I have time to share but just know that your husband's ability to fall asleep anywhere and stay asleep is a great opportunity to for a prank. (See John Palmer's 15th birthday party at his cabin it was awesome. Ask Austin)